The wind, rain and mud wasn’t enough to stop a dozen hardy volunteers from Ward Hadaway giving up their time and contributing to improving the local environment in Castleford.
Burning fossil fuels still produces the majority of the UK’s power requirement, whether it be coal, oil or gas.
Although ultimately there is an ambition to significantly reduce the dependence on fossil fuels, it is expected that fossil fuels will remain part of the energy mix for many years to come.
Our team has experience advising a range of clients involved in the development, construction and operation of fossil fuel plants.
We have advised clients in relation to large CCGT and coal schemes, as well as smaller peaking units and onsite generation schemes.
We have supported clients in connection with plant construction and shutdown projects, plant technology and modifications, O&M activities, industry codes compliance, and regulatory matters.
Our clients include operators, contractors, members of the equipment and services supply chain and funders.
We have advised on both public and private sector schemes under a range of funding structures, including PFI, non-recourse project finance and asset finance arrangements.
Examples of our team’s experience in this field include:
- advising a plant operator in connection with proposed O&M arrangements in respect of coal fired generation facilities;
- advising a technology developer regarding international IP protection and commercialization in relation to CCGT efficiency technology;
- providing diligence support to funders in connection with significant (£100m+) asset and project finance transaction in relation to proposed power generation facilities;
- advice to process plant operators in connection with project to construct on-site 35MW CCGT facilities, including consenting and permitting advice, construction and engineering matters and commercial arrangements regarding utilities and gas supply;
- advising service providers regarding contract terms relating to 20 year O&M arrangements incorporating lifecycle risk transfer for coal fired plant;
- advising plant operators regarding regulatory and engineering aspects relating to proposed plant modifications to enable biomass co-firing;
- advising STOR plant providers in connection with asset finance arrangements in relation to turbine equipment;
- advising generators in connection with a range of gas sales agreements to provide feedstock to plant.
For further details, please get in touch.