The wind, rain and mud wasn’t enough to stop a dozen hardy volunteers from Ward Hadaway giving up their time and contributing to improving the local environment in Castleford.
We represent a number of clients operating within the retail and trading areas of the Energy market, providing advice on regulated licence matters as well as general trading activities.
We regularly advise domestic and non-domestic suppliers, as well as Third Party Intermediaries in connection with a range of issues, including OFGEM compliance matters.
For generators and larger consumers, we advise clients on power purchase agreements and price hedging arrangements, including private wire sleeving arrangements and on-site utilities services agreements.
In relation to industry incentives, our team advises clients on the relevance and availability of a wide range of subsidiesand allowances, including ROCs FiTs and RHI payments, CRC and CCL payments, as well as aspects of the Emissions Trading regime.
Examples of our team’s experience in this area includes:
- advising a gas wholesaler in connection with a range of supply agreements with gas purchasers, including the provision of shipping services by the seller;
- providing support to a number of utility retailers in connection with OFGEM enquiries regarding the conduct of third party intermediaries and supply licence conditions;
- preparation of terms and conditions in connection with domestic and non-domestic electricity and gas supply arrangements, including dual fuel terms;
- drafting and negotiating long term PPA arrangements with a variety of customers;
- preparation of sleeving arrangements in respect of wind farm developments with specific customers;
- advising developers in connection with the impact of FiT and RHI arrangements across a range of technologies to optimize development returns;
- advising gas suppliers in connection with bonding and funding issues in connection with principle long term supply arrangements;
- advising suppliers in connection with a range of general business issues including IT and real estate infrastructure, OFGEM and general compliance and HR issues;
- advising brokers and TPI’s in connection with compliance requirements;
- providing advice to suppliers in connection with working capital funding requirements in respect of the business including cross-border security requirements for mark to market and currency risk mitigation.
For further details, please get in touch.