A North West entrepreneur who specialises in digital transformation and emerging technologies for businesses will be the guest speaker at the Ward Hadaway Greater Manchester Fastest 50 Awards 2019.
Whether considering private or public networks, we understand and have experience of the issues affecting clients supplying to, buying from or operating these systems.
Our team has expertise in advising DNOs, iDNOs, system users and public bodies on all legal issues affecting their business.
Whether in relation to infrastructure projects, code compliance, managing new connections, or undertaking general system business, our lawyers understand the role of the distribution and transmission networks and the environment within which they operate.
We are support both DNOs and iDNOs in relation to a range of core and general business matters, as well as acting for customers and system users interacting with network operators.
We are aware of the challenges and complexities of the sector, and are therefore able to support business teams in delivering their own goals with the assurance that we understand all of the issues.
Examples of our team’s experience include:
- advising utility service providers in connection with various framework contracts and joint venture matters in connection with infrastructure works;
- advising DNO in connection with multiple contracts to acquire smart metering equipment for subsequent rental to energy suppliers;
- advising developers in connection with transfer agreements with DNO’s in respect of existing connection agreements;
- advising utility customers on competition law issues arising out of rights to use private network infrastructure to access third party energy suppliers;
- advising numerous developers in connection with connection agreements, and network entry agreements;
- advising gas processors in connection with numerous gas transportation agreements;
- advising public sector bodies in connection with the development of electricity and gas distribution infrastructure as part of district heating schemes;
- advising developers of transmission fault detection technology in connection with IP protection and commercialization matters;
- advising DNO in connection with procurement of key infrastructure;
- advising DNO in connection with various construction and engineering projects in connection with major substation infrastructure;
- advice to customers in connection with import connections and associated HV engineering works.
For more details, please get in touch.