LAW firm Ward Hadaway has advised on the UK aspects of the sale of an international staffing specialist.
Recruitment is a fast-moving, highly competitive sector and one that is subject to constant change.
As the regulatory and tax frameworks evolve and as employment and immigration laws continue to alter, how can you be sure that your arrangements are compliant with current legislation and are giving you the maximum competitive advantage over your competitors?
Led by our experienced recruitment experts, our recruitment services team offers commercially-focused legal advice on the whole range of issues encountered by recruiters.
Not only will we keep you up date and up to speed on changes in the law, we’ll show you how they are likely to affect your business and what you need to do in order to prevent issues developing into serious problems.
Our pro-active approach extends to assisting on other aspects such as terms of business, client contracts and relationships, funding issues, IT matters and data protection concerns.
Like a growing number of sectors, recruitment is increasingly an international business with many companies operating in a series of different countries and continents.
Our international trade experts can help your business cross borders and deal with different jurisdictions while our membership of leading global professional services association Geneva Group International (GGI) means we can open the door to high quality advice on local laws, business advice and appropriate market strategies in over 100 countries across the world.
Specialist services we can provide include:
- Advising on AWR – we defended one of the very first mass claims brought by agency workers
- Advising on disciplinary and grievance issues
- Advising on regulatory changes, including government consultation papers
- Advising on the employment status of individuals
- Advising on your obligations under the regulatory framework, the conduct regulations, the AWR, the data protection act and the tax regimes
- Defending Employment Tribunal proceedings
- Drafting and advising on terms of business and commercial contracts
- Drafting and advising on worker terms, including self-employed arrangements and IR35
For more information on how we can help your recruitment business, please get in touch.
Take a look at some of the corporate transactions we have advised on in this sector.