LAW firm Ward Hadaway has been appointed to two national panels providing legal advice to healthcare organisations.
As the desire for greater accountability and redress has grown in the UK, so the number and scope of professional regulation bodies has also expanded.
An increasing number of activities within the public service arena now fall under the remit of professional regulators with those who fail to comply with the rules facing a rising tide of penalties, from reputational to financial.
Our professional regulation team aims to keep you and your organisation in step with legislation and compliant with regulation without tying up your activities in unnecessary red tape.
We take a pro-active approach to the issue, aiming to make sure that you are aware of issues before they develop into potentially costly problems.
We can offer everything from professional regulation audits and evaluations through policies and procedures to bespoke training.
Our experienced line-up of experts is also ready to react quickly in urgent situations, providing timely advice and support at crucial stages should you or your organisation be subject to a formal investigation.
We have extensive expertise in dealing with a wide range of professional regulation bodies from across the public service arena and are able to assist at all stages of any investigation.
Our services include:
- Bespoke training
- Formal and informal investigations
- Liaison with regulatory bodies
- Department for Education investigations
- Charity Commission investigations
- Care Quality Commission investigations
- Fitness to practice hearings, including for:
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- General Teaching Council (GTC)
- General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
- Advise on Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS (previously known as CRB))
For more details on how we can help you, please get in touch.