COMPANIES face potential headaches when sweeping changes to workplace pensions come into effect next week, a leading law firm has warned.
A pension trustee's role is becoming ever more complex, but help is at hand.
Our experience working with a growing number of trustees from a wide range of schemes has shown how much they value timely and pragmatic advice in plain English.
This is especially the case when it comes to corporate transactions, particularly in respect of the effect on funding plans, keeping track of statutory employers, and the impact on Pension Protection Fund eligibility.
As well as these issues, our pensions team is also experienced in helping trustees find pragmatic, common sense solutions to day to day matters including:
- Checking the correct administration of benefits in accordance with legislation and scheme rules
- Dealing with benefit claims and complaints, including Pension Ombudsman procedures and Pension Regulator investigations, with the assistance of our experienced pensions litigators in the commercial litigation team
- Drafting and amending scheme documentation and employee consultations
- Negotiating funding plans and contingent asset agreements
- Providing bespoke trustee training on all aspects of trusteeship
For more details on how we can help you, please get in touch.