North Yorkshire-based Harrogate Distillery, which produces WHITTAKER'S® gin, is to export its spirits to China after sealing a deal with a local distributor.
Coming up with good brands or designs is one thing, but protecting them and maximising the return you get from them is a very different matter.
That is why it pays to seek expert advice when it comes to safeguarding and managing your intellectual property.
Our experienced team can help you avoid some of the legal pitfalls when choosing or developing a new brand and can advise you as to the best and most cost-effective way of protecting your brands and designs in the UK, Europe and worldwide.
We can guide you through every step of the process involved in securing registered Trade Mark and Design protection, leaving you free to focus on your business.
We also advise existing Trade Mark holders on managing their portfolio and protecting against infringements, both within the UK and internationally.
With solicitors specialising in intellectual property law as well as a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney we can provide a complete service to clients wishing to protect, exploit and enforce their rights in the brands and designs they have developed.
We offer a full range of services including:
- Advice on the Registrability of Trade Marks and Designs
- Assisting with the assignment and sale of Trade Marks and Designs
- Drafting and negotiating Trade Mark and Design Licence Agreements
- Enforcement of Trade Mark and Design rights, infringement claims and passing off claims
- Trade Mark and Design filing and registration
- Trade Mark and Design opposition and invalidation claims
- Trade Mark and Design portfolio management
- Trade Mark clearance searches