Claims management firms are eyeing up the social housing sector as a potential source of revenue. At a recent seminar, our social housing team warned the sector it needed to brace itself for a surge in housing disrepair claims
Maintaining good trade union relations and collective relations amongst your workforce is critical to the success of your organisation.
It remains the case that workforces at organisations in the public arena are often heavily unionised.
As a result, the potential for large-scale industrial action which can affect operations can be greater than that in the private sector.
Our experienced team can provide timely, focused advice to deal with a range of issues affecting industrial relations with your staff.
We can assist in areas including:
- Advising organisations on putting in place practical strategies to deal with strike action
- Advising organisations on the legal position on the lawfulness of the threat of taking industrial action
- Large scale change management projects within a trade union environment
- Putting in place practical solutions to avoid applications to the CAC
We have experience of advising both public and private sector employers in a wide range of disputes.
Our experience includes;
- Advising a multi-national petrochemicals company on the lawfulness of industrial action
- Having a TGWU strike in relation to the closure of a pensions scheme called off
- Successfully advising a US multi-national engineering company on the failure by the trade union to comply with the statutory balloting requirements
- Successfully calling off a UNISON ballot for strike action at an NHS Trust in relation to changes to shift allowances, as a result of a failure to comply with balloting and notification requirements
- Advising a large school academy trust on the lawfulness of UNISON-backed national industrial action.
For more information on how we can help you, please get in touch.