Losses linked to poor or inadequate advice on investments and pensions have led an increasing number of claims from individuals and institutions.
Our financial services and pension disputes team deals with high value disputes relating to the financial services industry and pensions.
We have a wealth of experience in analysing and pursuing claims relating to issues such as the provision of inadequate investment advice. We also have excellent links with financial services experts and barristers with the knowledge to support and advise on these claims.
Our team regularly handles complex complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman and, in appropriate cases, arbitration or court proceedings relating to such claims.
Our experience includes:
- Acting for a client in defence of a claim by the Pensions Regulator to impose a financial Contribution Notice upon it
- Acting for a local authority in a claim against its investment managers and custodian bank in respect of losses incurred following the collapse of Lehman Brothers
- Acting for a number of private trusts and individuals, often with a foreign element, in claims for negligent investment advice resulting in substantial out of court settlements
- Acting for a number of SMEs in respect of the mis-selling of interest rate swaps
- Acting for private clients in bringing complaints to the Financial Services Ombudsman, resulting in successful findings in favour of our clients
- Currently acting on a multi-million pound action against a well-known investment house relating to negligent investment decisions
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.
"This firm continues to win the acclaim of market observers, who praise the team's 'great professionalism, wide-ranging expertise and excellent communication'."
Chambers & Partners
"An outstanding firm with a practice encompassing all areas of commercial litigation. Areas of expertise include shareholder disputes, professional negligence cases, insurance disputes and financial services litigation."
Chambers & Partners