Ward Hadaway has kicked off 2019 in style after being awarded Firm of the Year in the Dispute Resolution category (outside London) as part of the Legal 500 UK Awards.
IT projects, particularly those which are complex and extensive, can lead to disputes over costs, project delivery and other issues.
Our disputes team has extensive experience of a wide variety of IT disputes in both the public and private sectors, including document-intensive and technically complex project disputes.
The team is led by Tim Toomey, who is recognised as an expert in the field of IT disputes by independent legal directories Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Tim receives “rave reviews from clients” being praised for his “wealth of knowledge of the IT industry”.
We pride ourselves on our commercial approach and seek to adopt innovative strategies, utilising all forms of dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation, expert determination and litigation.
We also frequently work with our commercial team in helping clients control risk and rectify problem projects.
Our experience includes:
- A Dutch-based IT service provider on claims arising following a pilot study prior to a company-wide roll-out by a multi-national food producer
- Acting for a public body in the re-negotiation of a problem contract to supply IT services to the education sector
- Acting for insurers in a number of IT disputes of different values in both the public and private sectors
- Advising a software supplier in a claim for copyright infringement arising from alteration of file structures to assist data migration from a legacy system
- Advising a supplier on claims arising following termination of a project with a government agency
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.