Ward Hadaway has kicked off 2019 in style after being awarded Firm of the Year in the Dispute Resolution category (outside London) as part of the Legal 500 UK Awards.
Contractual disputes can have serious consequences for any business, whether pursuing a claim or being the subject of one.
At Ward Hadaway, our team has extensive experience of advising on all types of contractual disputes.
We regularly act for large PLCs, smaller businesses and private individuals in a variety of industry sectors, including food companies, car dealerships, IT / technology companies and property and farming businesses.
We can advise on all aspects of contractual disputes including agency and distributorship problems, warranty claims, sale and supply of goods and services, general disputes relating to terms of business and connected issues such as misrepresentation and penalty clauses.
Our experience includes:
- Acting for a food packaging company in a claim for losses of around £750,000 arising out of a supply of defective goods. The claim was funded by after the event legal expenses insurance and settled on favourable terms
- Acting for a major drinks supplier in successfully defending attempts by its tied estate to break their beer tie
- Acting for commercial agents and their employers in claims arising out of breaches or terminations of agreements governed by the Commercial Agents Regulations
- Acting for employers and employees with respect to breaches of restrictive covenants in employment contracts, including issuing and defending injunction proceedings
- Acting in a multi-million pound dispute where a party to a contract sought to avoid liabilities under a contract on the grounds of a mistake, which led to a contested High Court hearing
- Acting on numerous warranty-related claims arising out of corporate sale and purchase agreements, acting for both vendors and purchasers
- Dealing with litigation against a local vehicle rental company by an international car manufacturer relating to a distributorship agreement, ultimately securing a successful settlement via mediation and negotiation
- Representing a farming business on a breach of contract action arising out of a diseased herd of cows and the loss of a farm livelihood, resulting in a successful settlement
For further information on any of our services please get in touch.