Skip to content

Am I eligible to extend my Innovator visa?

To extend your Innovator visa, you will need to:

  • show that you are still running a UK business and have a valid endorsement letter from a Home Office approved endorsing body; or
  • show that you intend to set up a new business.

Unless you already have an established business in the UK, which has been endorsed, or you have changed your business and have already agreed this with your endorsing body, you will need to show that you have £50,000 in investment funds.

You will also need to:

  • have a valid endorsement letter from a Home Office approved endorsing body;
  • meet the English language requirement;
  • be at least 18 years old; and
  • meet the maintenance requirement.

If you have family members on your current Innovator visa, they should be included on the application to extend the visa, even if they turned 18 during your stay in the UK.

Read more about this and other questions in our

Entrepreneurs section.


Given the fast pace of change, we would stress that this information is designed to be informative, not advisory and represents our understanding of English law and practice as at the date indicated. We would always recommend that you should seek specific guidance on any particular legal issue.

As a hub, we have included references to articles and explainers from third parties. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content, use by you or availability of those third party websites, for any products or services you buy through those sites or for the treatment of any personal information you provide to the third party.