Kerry is a Solicitor in the Commercial Litigation team and advises both businesses and private individuals on a variety of disputes.
Kerry assists the Commercial Litigation team on a range of commercial disputes, including breach of contract claims, professional negligence matters, and partnership disputes. Kerry also has experience in dealing with financial services disputes and employment-related matters which fall within the remit of the civil courts.
In addition to Kerry’s commercial experience, she also regularly assists in private wealth matters. Kerry has experience of acting on behalf of private individuals, families and charities in respect of contentious probate matters, pensions disputes, proprietary estoppel claims and Court of Protection matters.
Kerry’s experience includes:
- Part of a small team acting on a highly contentious partnership dispute concerning profits arising from LED advertising at Premier League football matches, securing a positive outcome for our client at trial.
- Working on a Court of Protection matter which proceeded to a final hearing and successfully secured the appointment of an independent deputy, as it was held P did not have capacity to execute her Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Assisting on a high-value dispute which is being litigated in the Business & Property Courts, representing a property development company and its directors in the defence of a claim by a former joint venture partner. The dispute concerns allegations of breaches of directors’ duties, misuse of confidential information and breach of contract.
- Acting on a number of claims concerning family members who feel they have not been adequately provided for in their relative’s Will or who have doubts as to whether their relative had capacity to execute their last Will.
- Advising on a number of professional negligence claims, including claims against solicitors and surveyors.