Kathryn Myers is a consultant in the Healthcare Team at Ward Hadaway. She formerly worked at the Treasury Solicitor’s Department in London dealing with high profile Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury Litigation for the Ministry of Defence.
Kathryn has almost 20 years’ experience of Clinical Negligence Litigation and continues to undertake complex and high value work for NHS Trusts. Kathryn has a particular interest in birth injury claims.
In addition Kathryn acts for Trusts in Injunction Applications and Declarations.
Kathryn is a Tutor for the LLM in Medical Law at Northumbria University and has provided numerous lectures to NHS Trusts.
Work undertaken by Kathryn has included:
- Negotiating settlements in high value and complex matters, particularly dealing with cerebral palsy cases where multimillion pound settlements are reached.
- Settling cases by way of periodical payment orders.
- Dealing with a claim for a declaration and damages under the Human Rights Act.
- Dealing with a high value wrongful birth case involving a child with Down’s Syndrome.
- Successfully defending a claim dealing with absconsion procedures for psychiatric patients. This went to the Court of Appeal and set a precedent for similar cases.
- Successfully defending a cerebral palsy case which went to the Court of Appeal.