Tessa joined Ward Hadaway in 2014 and is an Associate in the Property Department, specialising in commercial property.
Tessa has a range of experience in relation to various commercial property matters, including landlord and tenant work, property finance matters, dealing with the property law aspects of corporate and insolvency deals, and renewable energy matters.
Tessa’s experience includes:
- Acting for occupiers taking office space in a number of prestigious developments in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre;
- Acting for commercial landlords in relation to the management of their property portfolios;
- Acting for insolvency practitioners dealing with disposals of freehold and leasehold properties owned by insolvent companies;
- Assisting with the property law aspects of corporate transactions, including providing advice on the property provisions of share and business purchase agreements; and
- Acting for funders, developers and landowners in relation to renewable energy schemes ranging in size from single turbine community schemes and small scale solar projects to onshore wind schemes with a generational capacity of over 100MW.
Tessa is qualified as both an English and a Scottish solicitor.