Stephen is an Associate within the property development team at Ward Hadaway.
He has a wide range of experience of property development, acting for housebuilders and other developers, landowners and public sector organisations.
Stephen primarily acts for a number of national and regional housebuilders in their acquisition of sites through options and conditional sale agreements.
Stephen has provided advice to numerous developers and landowners on the sale, purchase and development of land through conditional contracts, options, promotion agreements, collaboration agreements and framework agreements and on related work such as development agreements and overage/clawback.
His experience includes:
- acting for housebuilders on the purchase of land including complex site assembly and negotiating options, conditional sale contracts and overage agreements, as well as collaboration agreements with other housebuilders
- acting for housebuilders in the sale of commercial elements within mixed-use developments, the sale of land to registered providers, sales of parcels of serviced land to other developers, and preparation of site set up documents for the sale of plots to private purchasers
- acting for local authorities on the sale of land to housebuilders and to commercial property developers with profit share arrangements and obligations to provide community facilities as part of the development
- advising commercial developers on agreements for lease, leases and sale of commercial developments to tenants and purchasers, including forward sale funding agreements
- advising landowners on the sale of land including through options and planning promotion agreements
- property advice to local authorities in outsourcing projects including waste and leisure schemes
- acting on the purchase and sale/leaseback of student accommodation and in nominations agreements relating to student accommodation
- advice on the purchase and leasing of land for the EFA free schools project and advising local authorities and schools on conversion to academy status.