Sara is a solicitor in the public sector team at Ward Hadaway, based in the Newcastle office, and advises both public and private sector clients on a wide range of procurement and commercial issues.
Since qualifying Sara has provided advice in relation to all aspects of procurement law and has been involved in various PFI and high value transactions in both the Health and Education arena. Most notably Sara has advised on:
- The first PFI Buy-back
- Advance PFI – Mental Health Facilities at Roseberry Park Hospital
- Joint PFI – a pathfinder PFI procurement for Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS FT and County Durham PCT
- Numerous BSF schemes
Sara has built up substantial legal experience through:
- Servicing the Ward Hadaway procurement ’Hotline’
- Advising contracting authorities and tendering organisations on procurement processes, documents, timescales and challenges
- Developing and producing standard procurement documents for use in various procurement procedures and tailoring standard NHS agreements to individual client needs
- Advising on a extensive range of agreements including PFI, LIFT, BSF, joint venture and other partnership arrangements, PFI buy-back arrangements and section 75 agreements
- Advising on dispute resolution processes and procedures and general complaints handling
- Carrying out client trainings, including trainings on procurement law and procedures and the recent NHS competition regulations
- Advising on company secretarial and governance matters
Sara obtained a first hand insight into the NHS during a full time secondment to NHS North East. She assisted the Strategic Health Authority on numerous matters including the 2010/11 contracting round; dispute resolution processes and procedures and she was also an embedded analyst for the North East 2010 World Class Commissioning round.