Oliver is working as a Solicitor in the firm’s Corporate team in the Newcastle office.
Prior to joining Ward Hadaway in September 2018, Oliver worked for 4 years at a leading international law firm in the City of London, including time spent working in its Bangkok office. He has experience of mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, joint ventures, reorganisations and commercial contracts.
Examples of this experience include advising:
- SMT Holding SA on its acquisition through a new UK subsidiary, Services Machinery & Trucks Ltd, of Volvo Construction Equipment’s GB dealership.
- Singapore-based RCMA Group on its agreement to sell its rubber trading and distribution business in Europe, the United States, Singapore and Thailand to SGX-listed Halcyon Agri Corporation Ltd.
- Frasers Hospitality UK Holdings Limited on the acquisition of Malmaison Hotel du Vin hotel group from private equity firm KSL Capital Partners, LLC, for a consideration of £363.4m.
- CSL Group Inc. on its acquisition of 50% of Eureka Shipping Ltd.
- A leading global container shipping company on corporate due diligence matters for 35 port terminals across 22 countries.
- Oaktree Capital Management on due diligence and negotiating the acquisition of shares in Torm A/S in connection with the restructuring of Torm’s equity and debt.
- MEAG MUNICH ERGO Asset Management on its acquisition of three UK PV projects with a total capacity of up to 28 MW.
- A London-based developer and operator of hotels on a corporate reorganisation and the creation of a long term incentive plan.