Kerry specialises in delivering contractual and commercial advice to public sector clients and organisations contracting with the public sector with expertise across the education, local government and health sectors.
Kerry has acted on a number of complex procurement matters. She has experience of advising clients with the conduct of their procurement exercises from inception through to evaluation and contractor selection in compliance with EU regulations and the UK regulatory framework.
Her expertise includes use of frameworks, drafting bespoke documentation, advice in relation to the use and adaptation of standard suites of contract documentation, transaction due diligence, project management, negotiation and advice in relation to governance and compliance requirements.
Kerry has spent a year in-house with a client who operates a commercial port, advising on complex contract and commercial matters and procurement law, so has first hand experience of applying the law within a commercial environment.
She has also provided in-house legal support on a secondment basis, providing advice on an extensive range of contract and strategic commercial issues to a client providing a range of services to the public sector.
Kerry’s experience includes:
- providing advice and assistance on a range of procurement issues and adhoc enquiries from public sector clients including in relation to procurement challenges
- advising NHS organsations in all types of commercial and contractual matters including capital projects, partnering agreements, outsourcing arrangements and tendering exercises
- managing complex multi-party transactions, including joint ventures between public/ private bodies
- advice in relation to the procurement, operation and variation of PFI schemes
- advising an NHS Trust in relation to the refinance of its PFI scheme, the first of its kind to be completed in the country
- advising on 13 transfers of community services to new organisations under the Department of Health’s Transforming Community Services programme
- advising on a number of Building Schools for the Future (BSF) projects including advising Telford Borough Council on their second wave of BSF projects
- advising on traditional and multi-academy conversions including complex projects involving PFI