Joan is based in the Newcastle office and works as part of the Private Client team, advising clients in connection with wills, trusts, estate administration and the law for the elderly.
Joan has experience of advising clients in connection with the advising and preparation of their wills.
She also has experience in advising the older client generally including the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney, issues of capacity and the registration of older Enduring Powers of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian.
Joan has acted on behalf of executors and personal representatives in the administration of estates including those estates that involve the payment of inheritance tax.
Joan has over 10 years’ worth of litigation experience.
Her experience includes cases involving:
- Soft-tissue injuries, whiplash, damaged tendons, ligaments and fractured bones
- Multiple injuries
- Psychiatric injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, depressive disorders
- Chronic pain conditions
- Claims for professional care and support workers, occupational therapy, rehabilitation and CBT
- Past and future loss of earnings and loss of pension claims
Her other experience in personal injury matters includes:
- Injuries from the use of defective products, foodstuffs and cosmetics
- Road accidents involving drivers, passengers, pedestrians and cyclists
- Slips, trips and falls in private premises/land involving the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 and 1984
- Slips, trips and falls on public pavements, highways and car parks
- Employer’s Liability Claims – accidents at work
- Work at construction sites
- Falls from heights
- Manual handling operations
- Unsafe or unsuitable work equipment and tools
- Accidents caused by co-workers
- Unsafe or unsuitable personal protective equipment
- Unsafe systems of work