Fiona specialises in advising charity and social enterprise clients on all issues relating to their formation, registration, governance and trustee / director roles and responsibilities. Her role includes advice on re-structuring and reviewing governing documents, collaborative and consortium working and mergers, fundraising, trading and trading subsidiaries and advice on grant agreements and criteria, contracts and related issues.
She has worked both in-house at charities including acting as Comic Relief’s first in-house lawyer and in private practice, advising a wide range of charities and social enterprise organisations.
- service providing organisations,
- schools including academy trusts and academic institutions,
- museums and other visitor attractions,
- foundations and grant makers,
- public sector clients on their role as charity trustees and consortia of charities,
- social housing providers and voluntary sector support organisations
During all stages of their development from initial formation through ongoing governance issues to what happens on dissolution.
She also provides bespoke training for trustees / directors and is regularly asked to speak at sector events across the region.
Fiona is listed as one to watch in Legal Directory Chambers and Partners and is praised by clients for her ability to provide a good quality of service even in difficult circumstances and together with other members of the team, as “very professional, knowledgeable, approachable and efficient”.
In addition to her professional role, Fiona is also a charity trustee and volunteer.