Alex is a solicitor in the Employment department based in our Newcastle office.
Alex provides advice on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment and business immigration law to a wide range of public and private sector organisations from start-up businesses through to large public companies as well as charities, healthcare and education providers. As well as acting for employers, Alex also acts for senior level employees and sportsmen in respect of negotiating settlements and bringing Employment Tribunal claims.
Alex has specialist experience in a number of different sectors, including:
- SMEs – Alex regularly provides day to day HR support for businesses in the North East, for example, drafting employment contracts, policies and procedures, settlement agreements and providing advice on disciplinaries, dismissals and performance management processes.
- Private healthcare – Alex advises providers of care homes and NHS subcontractors on a variety of employment and immigration issues including safeguarding issues involving the CQC, whistleblowing allegations and all other types of Employment Tribunal claim.
- Football – Alex advises football players in the Premier League, Championship and Football League on employment matters, including in respect of discrimination issues and disputes with agents.
- Education – Alex advises schools, colleges and other education / training establishments on managing their short-term staffing issues and long-term staffing strategies.
- Immigration and global mobility – Alex is a member of the immigration team which advises businesses on their options for recruiting under the points based system and their obligations as a sponsor organisation. He also has experience co-ordinating business set up and closing (redundancy) in Asia, Africa and the EU.
- Corporate due diligence – Alex conducts the full range of employment due diligence for clients buying or selling companies.