Adeel is a solicitor in the Company Commercial team and is based in the Newcastle office.
Adeel advises on all aspects of Company and Commercial Law and has acted for a wide range of commercial clients, from sole traders to PLCs, providing practical and commercial solutions. Adeel has gained considerable commercial experience, having undertaken two secondments with international organisations. On both occasions, Adeel worked closely with the in-house legal teams and the wider business, often across multiple jurisdictions.
Adeel has experience in:
- Company reorganisation matters including MBOs’, share transfers, share buybacks and asset transfers;
- Corporate governance issues in relation to companies and partnerships including the regulation of relationships between shareholders, directors and partners;
- Preparing, reviewing and drafting company and partnership documents including terms of reference, articles of association, shareholder and partnership agreements;
- Preparing, reviewing and drafting commercial contracts including bespoke terms and conditions, cross-border distribution agreements, agency agreements and bespoke contracts for the supply of goods and services; and
- Intellectual Property protections including the registrations and protections of trademarks and passing off claims.