Safeguarding adults, children & young people – the new landscape (MANCHESTER)
13th January 2016
Following on from the cancellation of the seminar in November, Ward Hadaway's expert Healthcare Team is delighted to invite you to this free seminar at our Manchester office on Wednesday 13th January.
The session will review and discuss the new multi-agency working arrangements set out to safeguard adults with specific reference to the Care Act 2014, as well as looking at the current arrangements for safeguarding children and young people.
Specific areas we will look at in relation to safeguarding are:
- Safeguarding responsibilities under the Care Act 2014, the Children Act 1989 and the Children Act 2004
- Statutory guidance
- Contributing to safeguarding inquiries, safeguarding children and safeguarding adult reviews
- Information sharing and record keeping
- Practical guidance on working with service users with and without capacity
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- New Models of Care
This seminar should be of considerable interest to those involved in safeguarding across all aspects of healthcare, including practitioners, risk and governance managers, GPs, those who work with children, young people, the vulnerable and the elderly. The seminar will be a platform for you to share your experiences and insights with your peers.
8.30am – Registration and breakfast
9.00am – Presentations
11.00am – Networking & close
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on firstname.lastname@example.org