Doing business in the Education sector (LONDON)
21st March 2017
We are delighted to invite you to this free half-day workshop in central London for an event that includes guest speakers from the Department for Education and the Department for International Trade to discuss ways in which your business can successfully increase its share of the education market.
As the educational landscape continues to evolve, businesses working with the sector are increasingly faced with challenges such as a changing customer base, centralisation of procurement, budget cuts and the increasing significance of digital products and services that, in turn, brings information law and data protection complications. These changes mean it’s harder than ever for businesses to achieve the sales targets you look for with business risks fully understood and managed.
Our free workshop will provide you with an engaging and practical guide to navigating the sector successfully. The programme will include four main strands:
Managing your customers and their data
- It’s all about MATs! – the direction of travel for school management and improvement and what you need to know to maximise success in customer relations.
- The General Data Protection Regulation – developing an action plan for your business, how will the information law reforms affect you and your relationship with schools and other organisations?
Growing your business
- Part 1: Securing investment for your business – how to prepare for, and then access, capital markets and executing successful mergers, sales and acquisitions.
- Part 2: Taking your business into overseas markets – a route map through the process and how to manage risks.
Procurement in the education sector – the drive for greater efficiency and cost saving
- UK public procurement rules – the key rules you ought to be aware of and how to use them to advantage.
- The new DfE procurement strategy for Schools and Academies – how might this affect your business and the opportunities you look for in the sector?
Q&A panel discussion
- This session will provide an opportunity to pose questions to the panel and share experiences, opinions and insights with your peers.
1.30pm – Registration and refreshments
2.00pm – Start
5.00pm – Close
This event is aimed at in-house counsel, commercial, marketing and sales directors and managers and all those involved in developing business in the education sector.
We hope that you can join us at this workshop which promises to be a stimulating and thought-provoking session
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on firstname.lastname@example.org