Immigration support for the NHS
19th January 2021
The NHS has one of the most internationally diverse workforces in the UK and with the introduction of a new immigration system on 1 January 2021 the next few months will see many staff dealing with their immigration status, in particular EU nationals who intend to stay here indefinitely.
Applications by EU workers under the EU Settlement Scheme must be made by 30 June 2021.
In order to help NHS employers and organisations with staff that are EU Nationals to meet these challenges, we will be running an immigration update, taking you through the key changes and the new procedures you need to be aware of. The webinar will be held at 10am on Tuesday 19th January 2021, and is free to register – click here.
We will cover a wide range of subjects, and this will include:
- The impact of Brexit on EU national’s UK immigration status;
- How family members are impacted and what steps they should be taking;
- The EU Settlement Scheme – what it is, key dates, how to apply and the potential outcomes of their applications;
- What it means for them when they receive either settled or pre-settled status under the Scheme;
- Practical tips for a smooth application under the Scheme; and
- An update on the position with non-EU nationals.
The webinar will also include a Q&A session for attendees to ask their questions during a group session.
Most (but not all) staff will be aware of these changes, and some may already have started addressing it. In the current situation, staff may find it difficult to find sufficient time to deal with these applications and issues by themselves, and many employers will be doing all they can to support and reassure them to minimize the disruption in the coming months. We will explain what employers and employees need to look out for, and what they can do to ensure their application is successful.
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Helen Almond by email on firstname.lastname@example.org