GDPR for HR Professionals
18th January 2018
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force on 25th May 2018, there is no soft landing for the GDPR, and no transition period, meaning businesses will have to comply and be able to show they comply from the offset.
HR departments process large amounts of personal data, not just in relation to employees, but also job applicants and former employees. The accountability principles under the GDPR will require greater control over data controllers and processors. This will significantly impact on how businesses manage staff data.
Many organisations will see GDPR as a HR “thing”. To help HR professionals plan for GDPR we are running a free half-day briefing in our Leeds office on Thursday 18th January to provide you with practical guidance on the steps that HR should be taking to ensure compliance with the GDPR.
What will be covered?
Join us at this session where we will look at compliance from the viewpoint of the HR professional and focus on:
1. The role of HR in ensuring GDPR compliance
2. How HR can audit staff data to ensure data minimisation:
- What do you hold
- Why and for how long do you hold it
- Consent – is it necessary
- Can you rely on blanket consent wording in an employment contract or handbook
- Protection if consent is refused.
3. How HR can satisfy privacy and enhanced individual rights:
- Transparency requirements
- Right to be forgotten, correction and portability
- Sensitive data use and storage: background checks and investigations
4. How HR demonstrate compliance and accountability:
- Staff policies, contracts, compliance measures and training
- Data privacy impact assessments: when are they required for HR data use: monitoring and pre-employment vetting
- Data breach reporting and staff
- Disciplinary action and termination as a result of breach
- Data protection officers and avoiding conflicts of interest
5. How HR can maintain visibility over who is processing staff data:
- Who processes your data and where
- Are your HR supplier contracts fit for purpose
- Transferring data to service providers and intra-group companies
6. How HR fits in with the wider organisation
Who should attend?
The briefing is targeted at HR professionals.
Please note that registrations are limited to one per organisation
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on firstname.lastname@example.org