GDPR and your school – a survival guide!
28th November 2018
We are delighted to be hosting a half day workshop in our Leeds office on Wednesday 28th November aimed at helping you take stock of your GDPR compliance measures.
Can you believe it’s almost six months since the General Data Protection Regulation implementation date?
Ward Hadaway has played a leading role in raising awareness of the requirements of GDPR in the education sector, including supporting the development of the recently published DfE GDPR toolkit.
Now that it is out, Ward Hadaway are delighted to present a half day workshop taking place at our Leeds office on Wednesday 28th November. This session is aimed at helping you take stock of your GDPR compliance measures and to provide you with an opportunity to learn more about data protection law developments in the education sector.
The workshop will follow the step by step recommendations within the DfE toolkit – developing the key issues through case studies and more detailed guidance than space provided for within the toolkit. We are including within the event a session on your relationships with suppliers including learning platform and education app providers – an aspect not covered in detail in the toolkit.
We will look in particular at:-
- How to maintain awareness within your organisation of the key data protection risks
- Keeping track of your data – how much detail do you need to record?
- What should a data register look like and how would you then use it to manage risk?
- Managing control and processing of personal data and assuring transparency
- Your relationship with suppliers – what you need to do to ensure compliance
- When and how to carry out Privacy Impact Assessments
- When things go wrong – how to respond to data breaches
- The Data Protection Officer – how to ensure an effective governance structure
Even if you have outsourced the role of Data Protection Officer, you are accountable for anything untoward that then happens. This event is therefore a must attend for School Leaders, Chief Executives, Business Managers and Data Protection Officers.
We anticipate this session will fill up fast so secure your free place now.
8.00am – Registration and refreshments
8.30am – Presentations
11.30am – Networking and Close
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Helen Almond by email on email@example.com