GDPR and your school – a survival guide!
06th February 2019
Are the complexities of dealing with data protection compliance issues still giving you headaches? Relief is on it's way! We are delighted to invite you to GDPR and your school - a survival guide on Wednesday 6th February in Newcastle.
Ward Hadaway has played a leading role in raising awareness of the requirements of GDPR in the education sector, including supporting the development of the DfE GDPR toolkit.
This half day workshop will build upon the toolkit and is aimed at helping you take stock of your GDPR compliance measures. We will provide you with an opportunity to learn more about data protection law developments in the education sector.
The workshop will follow the step by step recommendations within the DfE toolkit – developing the key issues through case studies and more detailed guidance than space provided for within the toolkit. We are including within the event a session on your relationships with suppliers including learning platform and education app providers – an aspect not covered in detail in the toolkit.
We will look in particular at:-
- How to maintain awareness within your organisation of the key data protection risks
- Keeping track of your data – how much detail do you need to record?
- What should a data register look like and how would you then use it to manage risk?
- Managing control and processing of personal data and assuring transparency
- Your relationship with suppliers – what you need to do to ensure compliance
- When and how to carry out Privacy Impact Assessments
- When things go wrong – how to respond to data breaches
- The Data Protection Officer – how to ensure an effective governance structure
Even if you have outsourced the role of Data Protection Officer, you are accountable for anything untoward that then happens. This event is therefore a must attend for School Leaders, Chief Executives, Business Managers and Data Protection Officers.
We anticipate this session will fill up fast so secure your free place now.
8.30am – Registration and refreshments
9.00am – Presentations
12.00pm – Networking and Close
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on email@example.com