The Essential Guide to the Insurance Act 2015 (MANCHESTER)
21st June 2016
What you need to know and how to make it work for you.
Are you ready for the biggest change to insurance law in 100 years?
Join Ward Hadaway and insurance expert Richard Harrison of Devereux Chambers at this free working lunch in Manchester on Tuesday 21st June. Here we will look at the key legal changes coming from the Act (which comes into force in August) and what they mean for you.
Guest speaker Richard Harrison has great perspective having assisted in drafting the BIBA guide to the Act and also in drafting the amendments to the Act which are included in the new Enterprise Act 2016, passed by Parliament on 4 May 2016. We very much look forward to hearing his views.
At this 2 hour session session we will explore the new duties you will have to comply with and help you to understand:
- The type of information brokers are required to disclose
- The processes to be used by policyholders to gather data for renewal information provided to insurers
- The new challenges to be faced at the claims stage
- Changes in how insurers work in order to underwrite the risk
- Changes to renewal timetables and policy wordings
- Managing the changes – key tips
- What practical steps need to be taken to ensure that your organisation is prepared
This interactive session will give you the chance to ‘ask the experts’ any questions you have and will also be an ideal opportunity to share knowledge, opinions and queries with your peers.
12.00pm – Registration and lunch
12.30pm – Presentations
2.00pm – Networking and close
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on email@example.com