Five strategic HR priorities that you must deal with in 2017 – do you have a plan in place? (LEEDS)
15th March 2017
Significant employment law changes are anticipated for 2017 which will require substantial resource and senior stakeholder buy in. Join us at this free half-day event in Leeds on Wednesday 15th March where we will take you through your legal obligations and advise you on the important practical steps that you should be taking to ensure you will be compliant in the following areas:
- General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”): get it wrong and risk fines of up to €20 million or 4% of annual worldwide turnover, whichever is higher. The GDPR affects the whole business but, from an HR angle, we will take you through the steps that you need to be taking as part of the overall business preparations.
- Gender pay gap reporting: employers will be obliged to release information relating to pay and bonus pay. We will take you through the final preparations for your first gender gap reports.
- Apprenticeship Levy: whichever side of the £3 million wage bill you fall on, the way in which you allocate funding for skills-based training in your business is going to change. We will give you an overview of how the system will work in practice and an understanding of the cultural and legal issues that you will need to address.
- Salary sacrifice schemes: will be significantly scaled back from 6 April 2017. We will guide you through what you can and cannot provide as a benefit through salary sacrifice.
- Immigration rule changes: from April 2017 there will be significant changes to the Tier 2 category of the points based system which will impact upon the recruitment and retention of non-EEA nationals. We will go through the practical steps you must take to be compliant and reduce disruption to your workers.
We will also be delivering a case law update and will take you through the practical implications of the most important cases in the last 6 months. The seminar will benefit senior HR professionals, finance personnel, managing directors, in-house lawyers and owner/managers.
9.00am – Registration and refreshments
9.30am – Presentations
12.30pm – Networking and lunch
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on firstname.lastname@example.org