Duty of Candour – the essential guide for independent healthcare providers (NEWCASTLE)
25th June 2015
The statutory Duty of Candour came into force for all healthcare providers registered with the CQC from 1 April 2015 as part of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- Are you prepared and do you know your obligations in relation to being open with patients or their families when things go wrong?
- Do your policies ensure compliance with the statutory requirements?
- Do your staff understand their obligations and the relevant timescales?
Ward Hadaway’s expert Healthcare Team invite you to this free seminar at our Newcastle office on Thursday 25th June, 2.00pm – 4.00pm, where we will guide you step-by-step through the new regulations.
Failure to comply with the Duty is an offence. In this interactive session we will look at the processes independant healthcare providers need to follow and the implications of non-compliance with the statutory duty from a legal perspective. We will cover:
- a brief history of the duty of candour and being open
- the professional duty of candour
- what incidents fall within the statutory duty of candour
- what process you will need to follow to ensure compliance with the Regulations
- what does the CQC guidance say?
This seminar will also be an ideal opportunity to talk with your peers and share your own experiences
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Helen Almond by email on email@example.com