Clear your desk and leave! Mock exit conversation (LEEDS)
02nd July 2015
We are delighted to invite you to a mock exit conversation workshop at our Leeds office on Thursday 2nd July, 8.30am - 11.30am. Cost for attending is £50 +VAT per person.
You will witness a mock conversation between a manager and an employee that involves the manager seeking to exit the employee by settlement agreement as a result of poor performance and general attitudinal issues. The conversation has the potential to go horribly wrong! The cost of the workshop is £50 +VAT per person. Once we have received your booking an invoice will be sent out to you.
In small groups you will discuss and feedback how, if your business was proposing to exit the employee, you would have planned and taken the matter forward to minimise the risk to the business. Common issues for those who have to carry out such exit conversations include:
- How to plan and conduct the initial meeting
- What is the difference between a protected and a without prejudice conversation?
- What should I and should I not say?
- Should I give the employee advance notice of a meeting?
- Should I allow the employee to be accompanied?
- Should I be honest with the employee or skirt around the issues?
- Is there a best time during the day or day of the week that I should have the conversation?
- Should I allow the employee to return to their desk?
- What do I do if the employee becomes emotional and starts crying!
- Post meeting what happens next?
Engaging in these types of conversations can often be daunting especially when you have to confront difficult employees or employees who are just simply not right for the business going forward.
You will then witness a second mock exit conversation which takes into account the above concerns and will provide you with best practice guidance on how to plan and sensitively conduct an exit conversation.
At this workshop at our Leeds office on Thursday 2nd July, 8.30am – 11.30am, the mock exit conversation will give you an understanding of improving your chance of securing an amicable and speedy resolution and avoid having to engage in protracted correspondence with the employee and/or their legal advisors and the potential threat of litigation.
8.30am – Registration & breakfast
9.00am – Mock exit conversation begins
11.30am – Close
By clicking 'Book your place', you agree to our Events Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions or would like further information regarding this or any of our other events please contact Chloe Atkinson by email on email@example.com