The safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults are some of the most important responsibilities which public organisations can be entrusted with.
As such, choosing the right legal support for helping to fulfil these responsibilities is a crucial decision.
At Ward Hadaway, you are in very safe hands with a breadth of experience across the health and education sectors.
We regularly provide advice and training to the NHS and academies, on the issue of safeguarding children.
We assist in cases where staff are professionally involved in the Public Law Outline, care proceedings and when attendance at court is required.
Our service includes advice on:
- Dealing with requests for statements from staff, for the purpose of Child Protection Conferences and Court proceedings
- Information sharing and records disclosure in the context of Safeguarding Children and Police investigations
- Preparing Safeguarding guidelines and policies
- Preparing staff/clinicians involved in Care proceedings and liaising where appropriate with Children’s Services
- Section 47 Child Protection referrals and Section 17 Child in Need referrals
- Serious Case Reviews and learning lessons
- Suspected Fabricated Induced Illness cases with reference to Working Together guidance and referral to the Local Authority
Safeguarding vulnerable adults
We regularly provide advice and training to the NHS on issues surrounding the safeguarding of vulnerable adults. We offer pragmatic and practical advice to our clients and only make applications made to the Court of Protection as a last resort.
Our service includes advice on and assistance with the following:
- Advice in relation to DOLS post-Cheshire West.
- Advice in relation to the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Human Rights Act 1998.
- Advice on the treatment and care of vulnerable adults where they lack capacity to decide themselves.
- Applications to the Court of Protection .
- Attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings to discuss the care to be provided to a vulnerable adult and liaising with Councils, GPs and other relevant care providers.
We are fully aware of the implications of the Care Act and can provide training on its impact for our NHS clients.
For further information on how we can help, please get in touch.