The UK's position as a leading global financial services centre coupled with a complex and evolving regulatory regime underpinning the sector means that clients in this sector need lawyers who understand their business and how to exploit commercial opportunities set against this backdrop.
Our financial services team is composed of experts in a variety of different disciplines – including corporate, banking, commercial, litigation and regulatory – all brought together to give you a comprehensive service and ensuring compliance with regulation without compromising your business. Some members of the team have previously worked within financial services businesses or on secondment.
We act for a range of businesses for whom financial services regulation is at the heart of their business or for whom such regulation impacts their business and trading arrangements.
The team has advised on a broad range of matters in the financial services sector.
Our experience includes:
- Acting for a provider of an outsourced online financial services investment management platform for IFAs on a range of issues relating to their regulatory compliance (and corporate structure)
- Advice in relation to the provision of an integrated online platform for managing assets including regulated and non-regulated products
- Advising debt management and claims management businesses on group structures, acquisitions and various OFT, MOJ and trade association regulatory matters
- Advising in relation to consumer contracts for savings and insurance products
- Advising in relation to exempt person status for regulated activities purposes
- Advising on arrangements with price comparison service providers
- Advising on consumer credit regulatory implications in respect of various business activities, including claims management, consumer lending and debt management
- Change of controller issues and liaising with the regulators
- General regulatory advice in relation to FSMA, FCA Handbook, data protection and consumer credit
- Outsourcing and commercial contracts within the financial services sector
- Preparing a pack of standard transaction documents for acquisitions of insurance brokers, for large financial services businesses
- The application of financial promotion regulation and the regulated activities of dealing as principal, arranging deals, making arrangements with a view to a person dealing in investments, managing investments and safe guarding and administering investments
- The financial services regulatory implications of various funding structures
- Various distribution and affinity arrangements for the supply of branded financial services products
To find out more about how we can help, please get in touch.