Are you ready for the General Data Protection Regulation, or "GDPR"?
The General Data Protection Regulation, or “GDPR”, replaces the current Data Protection Act from 25th May 2018 onwards.
From that date, you must make sure your business is compliant with the new law. Your legal requirements in respect of your treatment of personal data will increase significantly.
Ensuring your business complies is no mean feat. Failure to do so could be very painful – the new maximum fine under the GDPR is an eye-watering Euro20,000,000 or 4% of your group global turnover.
We want to help!
Ward Hadaway has developed a workshop series made up of four sessions which will run between September 2017 and January 2018.
With a maximum number per session of only 12-14 people, and lasting three and a half hours each, they will be intensive, focused and practical workshops aimed at giving you the background, knowledge and tips you need to enable your organisation to achieve compliance with the new data protection law.
They will also include time for you to share with peers from other businesses your own experiences, and ask questions of the experts presenting.
Is it for me?
These workshops are aimed at those ultimately responsible within a business for ensuring GDPR compliance, whether that is a CEO, FD, Data Protection Officer or in-house lawyer.
The timings and topics have been chosen to enable those attending to apply their learning back in their businesses to work towards compliance before May 2018.
The four workshops are:
- Data, audits and data mapping
- How to identify the data you hold and carry out an audit
- Accountability – DPOs, documentation and doing it right
- How to ensure you can demonstrate you comply with the GDPR, including your obligations on DPOs, documentation and privacy impact assessments
- Data Subject Rights
- How to comply with subject access requests under GDPR, requests for data portability and for individuals to be forgotten
- Security breach notification and enforcement
- What is a security breach and how do you deal with it
As part of the series, you will also receive support materials, including standard documents and policies, to help you with the tasks you need to carry out within your business. These include:
- A briefing note on the implications of GDPR
- A precedent Data Protection Policy
- A precedent Data Processing Record
- A precedent Audit Questionnaire
- A precedent Data Protection Impact Assessment form
- A Breach Reporting Log
From Ward Hadaway
This workshop series has been developed by data protection specialists at Ward Hadaway, with reference to the guidance issued by the ICO and other relevant bodies.
Pricing has been kept competitive to ensure accessibility for a broad range of businesses.
The price of attendance at four workshops, including access to hard and soft copies of the added value materials, is £895 + VAT per person.
Depending on availability, individual sessions may be booked at a cost of £350 + VAT per person per session.
Our first GDPR workshops are now fully booked, due to popularity we have confirmed four new dates for a re-run of the programme.
- Tuesday 17th October 2017
- Wednesday 22nd November 2017
- Wednesday 24th January 2018
- Wednesday 7th February 2018
Dates have now been confirmed for the workshop series to be held in our Leeds office.
- Tuesday 31st October 2017
- Tuesday 28th November 2017
- Thursday 11th January 2018
- Thursday 8th February 2018
Larger businesses, those who carry out large volumes of data processing, or where data forms a more central part of the business’s activities, are likely to require a more hands-on, in-depth and bespoke solution to achieve and ensure compliance, although attending the workshop could still be part of the process. Please contact us to discuss what is right for your business.
To book your place on the workshop series, please contact Chloe Atkinson on 0191 204 4074 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org